Learn what the IEA is all about in two minutes
Our Mission Statement
The Interfaith Encounter Association is dedicated to promoting peace in the Middle East through interfaith dialogue and cross-cultural study. We believe that, rather than being a cause of the problem, religion can and should be a source of the solution for conflicts that exist in the region and beyond.
In Greater Details
It’s easy to watch the news at a time like this and feel powerless. But despite this latest flareup of hostility in the Holy Land, and with the help of the Interfaith Encounter Association, we are coming together – now more than ever – to build bridges, overcome prejudice by replacing it with face-to-face knowledge, and thus ensure a better future for ourselves and our children.
There’s an old proverb that says:
“If your vision is for a year, plant wheat. If your vision is for ten years, plant trees. If your vision is for a lifetime, plant people.”
Those words really speak to us, because that’s exactly what we have been doing since 2001, as members of the IEA. We’re in this for the long haul. And our efforts are bearing fruit, recruiting more activists to the cause of peace than any other organization in the Holy Land – thus far, over 8500 participants have met the Other in a deep and life-changing way in the IEA’s 73 encounter groups.
Making enemies into friends isn’t easy. It means taking risks, making oneself vulnerable, and reaching out to those who other groups give up on, or don’t even try to involve. But by cultivating an approach which is truly different, which utilizes the power of religion as a force for peace and compassion instead of conflict, we are building a mass-movement of people who refuse to be enemies.
How YOU can make a difference:
- Help spread the word by sharing this with others.
- Become involved. If you’d like to contribute your time and skills to the organization and attend encounters, please send us a note at email@example.com
- Please make a financial contribution. We need your help to keep going! Your donation of:
- $30 – covers printing and communications costs for one encounter session
- $60 – buys food for one encounter session
- $100 – pays for transportation for Palestinian youth to come to Israel for an encounter session
- $250 – allows us to retain trained coordinators of one encounter session
- $500 – covers all the costs for one Palestinian and Israeli Youth Encounter
- $1,000 – pays for one conference
- $5,000 – can sustain one ongoing dialogue group for one year.
Please contribute now online at http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/donate/. As always, all contributions of any size are very warmly appreciated!